Tuesday, March 6, 2007

More apologies...

Though, this time, they are in advance.
Because of the late 8 p.m. start times for sectional finals and the Courier News' new early deadlines let me state ahead of time that I am sorry for any mistakes or incomprehensible writing in my next couple game stories.
I am going to try to raise my game, give 110% percent, make big players in a big spot or whatever other sports cliche you can think of to fit appropriately.
I don't know why the state feels it necessary to start these games at 8. The players do have school in the morning and by the time players got home from these remote sites it is probably past 11 p.m.
Does not leave much time for homework, I imagine.
At no other point in the year are HS events regularly scheduled for 8 p.m. Not even HS football games on Friday nights. I realize most sites are hosting doubleheaders, but how about the 5 and 7 o'clock hours?
Maybe I'm just bitter because of the time crunch on my end.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't think that Watchung Hills story sounded like you, but stop making excuses about deadlines and start times. Just stop writing the word basketball three times in the same sentence.

Anonymous said...

Hey Ryan,

knowing personally what you had to go through last night (Tuesday), I thought you did a great job under the circumstances. One thing, I'm still trying to find 1-0 Watchung Hills.

Ryan Dunleavy said...

TB,
Here you go:


Schaffer broke the scoreless tie with a free throw and then set up Zigarelli for the game's first field goal with 4:35 remaining in the quarter.

Anonymous said...

See ya in Paterson for Lata/MoCath.