Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Duck, Duck, Duck?

The Patriots are in the midst of six straight games against the Long Island Ducks, the first three in Central Islip, N.Y. (where I am right now) and the second three in Bridgewater. Scheduling oddities like this have happened in the past, but not to this degree. The Patriots have five of these home-and-home series this year.
The players are not fond of the idea. Sparky Lyle isn't crazy about it, either. Some higher-ups have expressed concerns about it.
But Atlantic League executive director Joe Klein does not think it's a big deal. We'll find out during the course of the summer, but I'll have a story about it soon. It might only run online, so I'll post the link on my blog.

P.S. The hotel I'm in right now is really nice. It's one of the few league hotels that has a restaurant/bar in the hotel -- which allows me to watch tv, eat and work on my laptop all at the same time.
Yes, I have a new laptop. Well, at least, it's new to me. It actually looks and works just like my old one. That's a good thing because I really liked that laptop. Thank you to the Courier News IT department for getting this problem fixed.
Finally, the best part of this hotel is the Sleep Number bed. For those who don't know, a Sleep Number bed allows you to lie in the bed and then use a remote to change the bed to your needs. As you use the remote, you literally feel the bed shaping to your body, getting firmer or softer. For anyone interested, my Sleep Number is 45. I think that's relatively low.

Update: Here is that story:
link

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice story. way ot attack the issues

Anonymous said...

sparky has a good point. scout out those pitchers