Thursday, May 3, 2007

OPENING DAY

WATCH OUT FOR PLAYBALL 2007 FRIDAY! IT MOSTLY PREVIEWS THE PATRIOTS, BUT ALSO THE REST OF THE ATLANTIC LEAGUE.
CLICK ON THE ONLINE LINK, BUY MULTIPLE COPIES OF THE PAPER!!!

The best part about the Atlantic League thus far is that everyone has a different opinion.
1. Some think York is built to compete, some think it looks like an expansion team.
2. Some think Newark is a sleeper team with playoff potential, some think it is typically bad Newark.
3. Some think Somerset is a playoff team, some think it will be crippled by losing players and never recover.
4. Some think the fact that defending champion Lancaster has virtually the same team as last year is good, some think it's a recipe for disaster.
5. Some think Camden is a playoff team, some think they might not beat the Road Warriors.

Usually, the Atlantic League is more predictable than an early 90s Knicks-Bulls game. But not this year. I don't know who deserves credit for that, but someone does. At least six of the eight teams have legitimate reason to belive they are playoff-bound. All I know is I'm very excited for it.
I'm with the former on 1, 2 and 3 above and the latter on 4 and 5. I don't know everything, but I do know that before last season began, I said Lancaster was the top sleeper team in the league, and I have the season preview issue to prove it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We want your mid-season standing predictions Mr. Atlantic League.