Friday, January 4, 2008

Girls basketball: Small Schools Top 5

I got this idea from a coach who told me the Easton Express, which covers some of the same West Jersey schools as the Courier News, does it. It's basically a chance for smaller schools (Groups I and II and Non-Public B) to see their names in a ranking system since the Top 10 is often dominated by the bigger schools. Here is my Small Schools Top 5 as of Friday afternoon:

1) Rutgers Prep
2) Gill St. Bernards
3) Somerville
4) Delaware Valley
5) Mount St. Mary

To go further, here is my Small Schools Top 5 with only public schools:

1) Somerville
2) Delaware Valley
3) Governor Livingston
4) Middlesex
5) New Providence


DISAGREE? TELL MY WHY BY POSTING A COMMENT...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to see the small schools get some props. I also agree with your rankings. Good to see Del Val in there. There are good things to come from them (Del Val) in the next couple years!

Anonymous said...

Agree, although Somerville is suspect again this year after an embarrassing loss to Belvidere. Never seen them play worse.