Saturday, March 29, 2008

Response to Comments

I have to say, I'm SO PLEASANTLY SURPRISED, to see all these comments. This is great. It really energizes me to see confirmation of my opinion that people are interested in Somerset Patriots news but they just were not posting comments. Keep 'em coming..

IN RESPONSE TO COMMENTS ASKING ABOUT THE FOLLOWING PLAYERS:

1) Teuris Olivares -- He will be back. The team has not announced it yet, but that is because they have a rule of not announcing signings until the player actually returns his signed contract, but the agreement is in principle. TO loved Somerset and the coaches and front office loved him.

2) Jose Morban -- I have not heard his name mentioned at all this offseason. I would be very surprised if he played for Somerset again, but I know the BASA group and the Mexican League liked him a lot last season. If he is not in Mexico, don't be surprised to see him in York, Southern Maryland or Lancaster.

3) Danny Garcia -- Last I heard he suffered a setback while rehabbing the injury that forced him to miss most of the 2007 second half and would not be ready to play again until mid-summer. If he ever gets healthy again, he instantly would be welcomed back to Somerset. He's still young and talented enough to make noise in affiliated ball.

4) Keith Ramsey -- Great question! After the way last season finished (with the coaching staff ignoring him in the playoffs) Ramsey will not be traveling across the country from Los Angeles to make nice with the Patriots. I've been thinking about calling him to check in for a few days, so that comment pushed me over the edge. Hopefully I'll know what Keith is up to by the middle of next week. My guess? Surfing and playing guitar. Living the dream.

5 comments:

Dave said...

Good news about Olivares. He should solidify the infield, especially if Nattles returns. Also a great hitter.

Dave said...

Sorry, meant Nettles.

Paul Hadsall said...

That's too bad about Danny Garcia. I loved his hustle when he was a Met, and he was a great guy last year. I hope he can get his career back on track.

Thanks for checking in with Keith Ramsey.

Anonymous said...

what about Saul Solveson?

Anonymous said...

Ryan - Are you covering Patriots Spring Training?