Wednesday, April 25, 2007

7:23, Wednessday

Dear Diary,
Nothing much happened at practice. The team ran through the same drills as yesterday. Pitchers fielding bunts, covering first on grounders. Hitters fielding grounders and taking BP.
Should be a lot more to write/talk about after Thursday's opening game against the Bridgeport Bluefish. Brian Reith is making the start for Somerset. Still no sight of outfielder Adrian Brown. Good news is no pitchers retired today. Spring training total still stands at two.

Matt and I went to Hooters after practice and I ordered a grilled cheese and buffalo wings. That's notable because it's the same meal I had at the same Hooters last year during spring training. And that's notable because last year as I was eating it, my tooth fell out.
Yes, a 24-year-old boy loosing teeth at Hooters. Needless to say, this was not a great way to start up a conversation with a Hooters waitress.

Ryan: Excuse me, miss.
Waitress: Yes?
Ryan: Do you have a napkin?
Waitress: (Hoping I want her phone number) Sure. What for?
Ryan: My tooth fell out and I have to wrap it up and put it in my luggage to bring back to NJ.
Waitress: Ew.

Parts of that conversation are true. Parts are made up. If you think the waitress really wanted to give me her phone number, I've got some sleeping pills I'd like to sell you.

Love,
Ryan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe you should eat a salad or something.

Anonymous said...

you're a mess. green is your friend