Sunday, April 29, 2007

Day 7

Sunday, 11:59 p.m.

Dear Diary,

In one minute, Day 7 ends. Then it will be Day 8. On Day 8, I get to go home.

Spring training was three days shorter this year than last year, but just as action packed. I got a lot done, wrote some interesting stories -- at least, I hope you think I wrote some interesting stories. And I had more fun than last year. Spring training was very tough on me last year. It wore me down mentally and physically. I didn't get to have much fun and all work felt like pulling teeth since I didn't really know any of the players or front office.

This year, my familiarity with the personnel and the atmosphere made it much simpler. I almost can't believe we're done. I wouldn't mind staying a few extra days in Florida. If the Atlantic League wanted to expand to, say, Orlando in the next couple seasons, I would not object. The Orlando Mickeys, anyone?

I have a morning flight out and the dude at the front desk said traffic to Tampa is rough in the morning -- rough by Tampa standards is probably what you usually see at 2 p.m. on 287 -- but I'm getting an early start just in case.

I must say, I'm pretty disappointed that NOBODY commented on my Bernie Williams story. I worked really hard to get that story because I thought the Yankees fans in Central Jersey would appreciate it, but I get more responses to my diary entries about what I'm eating, how I'm feeling and who I'm hanging around. I thought it would cause a little more of a buzz than it did. The only where I know it caused a buzz is at my buddy's wedding where some of my colleagues were discussing it.

Congratulations, Kaz and enjoy the honeymoon. I asked Sparky to charter a jet home and be my date at the wedding but he wasn't interested.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

stop complaining

Anonymous said...

do you really think we read your blog on the weekend? That's what our weekend subscription to the Courier is for

Anonymous said...

don't you have off till Friday?? I agree, quit complaining and buy the players beer.

Anonymous said...

Four days until the season starts and you think he has off? Yeah right...

Anonymous said...

he watches baseball for a living, don't defend him