Monday, July 30, 2007

Justin Jensen

I recently spoke to Justin Jensen, the All-Patriots Team left-handed starting pitching representative.
There has been talk for several years now that Jensen's Patriots career might not be over, and Jensen confirmed that rumor.
However, I was under the impression he was a lot closer to returning then he made it sound when we spoke.
Sparky Lyle told me before the All-Star break that he hoped Jensen would throw a bullpen tryout for the team sometime during the second half of this season. While Jensen did not officially rule hat out, he made it clear he is much more likely to try a comeback next season.
For those unfamiliar with Jensen, he is the Patriots' career leader in victories, games started and innings pitched. He played for the 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003 and 2004 teams.
Here are some thoughts from Jensen:

"I tore my labrum the last time I was in Somerset and went to spring training the next year and could not go (pitch). I had surgery and have been rehabbing."

"You never know (what the future holds). My shoulder feels great. It's just a matter of getting my arm strength up and my legs back in shape."

"I’d like to walk away on my own terms, and I could do that if I’m able to comeback."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When will Ryan and the courier realize knowone cares about this team and league. It is not even the minor leagues. Shut this junk down already. give us more high school and college coverage not this junk

Anonymous said...

Ryan,

Is Pincus trying to sabotage your blog again?

Anonymous said...

Who cares about watching 13-year-old-boys play basketball? Michael Jackson? I like the Patriots coverage, and could care less about high school and college crap.