Saturday, July 21, 2007

MASH unit

Know anyone who wants to play professional baseball? If you do, post their name on my blog and I will pass it along to Patriots director of player procurement Brett Jodie.
Yes, I am kidding.
No, I am not nearly as kidding as I should be.
True story: I brought my glove to the ballpark tonight because I have a softball game in the morning. And since they gave out batting helmets at the gate, I am 66% ready to suit up. Just need a bat.
Anyway, the following list should you give you an idea why the Patriots are so short-handed. It might long enough to be a full lineup, but is just the injury report:

1B Josh Pressley (hamstring)##
OF Jason Romano (calf)##
OF Jose Morban (ankle)##
2B Danny Garcia (mild oblique strain)##
SP Jeff Urban (slight torn labrum)**
1B Todd Leathers (broken wrist) **

##= Day to Day
**= Disabled List

Pressley is the only one playing tonight and he is really jeopardizing himself to do so. He can barely run around the bases and is banging balls of the wall for singles. You really have to appreciate his effort.

If manager Sparky Lyle had a fully healthy roster, at least four of those players would be in the every day lineup. Leathers probably would be the first pinch hitter off the bench and Urban would be the top left-handed set-up man or the fifth starter.

That should give you an idea just how seriously these injuries could impact the Patriots.

No comments: