Sunday, February 10, 2008

Hunterdon/Warren Tournament seeds

I think these are the seeds in the HWT as decided by the coaches Sunday afternoon. I say "think" because a colleague called me but I had trouble hearing the message and no coaches called me. If I hear that I'm wrong, I'll make the changes ASAP.
I must admit that I was surprised that Belvidere jumped ahead of Voorhees even though Belvidere is undefeated and Voorhees has six losses. I thought the level of competition faced made enough of a difference.
That's enough of my thoughts, what do you think of this tournament? It's only a 10-teamer, but some of the best basketball in the area is played out west.

1. North Hunterdon
2. Hunterdon Central
3. Belvidere
4. Voorhees
5. Phillipsburg
6. Delaware Valley
7. Warren Hills
8. South Hunterdon
9. Hackettstown
10. North Warren

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now that the seeds are out, WOW! did Voorhees and Pburg ever get screw'd, by having to play each other in the first round. No way Belvidere deserves a 3 seed, at best a 4 and in all fairness a good agrument could be made for a 5. Because of this seeding fiasco Central the 2 seed, literly gets to walk into the finals. No way they lose to a play-in team or a small school, the Bells - Del Val winner. While North Hunterdon the 1 seed in all likelyhood is gonna get Voorhees, guess thats the price the seeding folks thought North should pay for hosting the finals.